PythonSDK （2019-4-28） -------------------------Download
PythonSDK environment option and FAQ.pdf （2019-4-10） -------------------------Download
PythonSDK user's manual.pdf （2019-4-10） -------------------------Download
1. Does it have to be connected to an App when using Gomer?
Gomer has two operation modes. One is to use the functions of Control, AR, Graphical Programming, Play, Show, etc. By connecting Gomer to an App. The other is to use Gomer alone without any connections to other devices. Gomer can move and interact with people and environment spontaneously.
2. How do I connect to Gomer?
1. Short press the button on Gomer’s chin to turn on the robot. <br>2. When Gomer starts to move, short press the button on the robot’s chin, and the Serial Number, Wi-Fi name and password will be displayed on the screen of Gomer’s face. <br>3. Connect your cell phone to the Wi-Fi using the name and password displayed on Gomer’s screen. <br>4: Open Gomer App, click the Connect button, and select the Gomer you want to connect from the pop-up list.
3. How do I restart my robot?
There are two normal ways to reset the firmware. You can hold the power button for 3 seconds or click on the “Sleep Gomer” button at gomer app to turn off the robot. And then a short tap to turn it back on. These are true reset where the system turns off and reboots afterwards. For a firmware restart, poke the reset hole on the back of Gomer, which is next to the charging hole. This is normally used if your device is hung and/or it is not shutting down properly.
4. How do I clean my robot?
Below are some guidelines for spot cleaning your robots: Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, and similar items may cause damage to the robot; Disconnect your robot from any external power sources; Disconnect any external devices and other cabling from the robot. Keep liquids away from the robot; Don't get moisture into any openings, and don't use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives; Do not spray cleaners directly onto the robot.
5. Are the robots waterproof?
Gomer is afraid of the water! They are not waterproof, so avoid using them near water or cleaning them with liquids. Contact with liquid will void any warranty protection, so please be careful.
6. Why does Gomer need to update?
Gomer needs to be updated from time to time so he can work at his best ability! He is learning new skills, our engineers at GLI are working everyday to make Gomer smarter and bug free, so the updates are there to help Gomer grow. Updates can take up to ten minutes, so remember to plug Gomer into their charger while updating.
7. How do I turn off the robot?
There are two ways to turn off the robot. <br>1. Click the“Sleep Gomer” button on the settings page of Gomer App; <br>2. Press the power button of Gomer for over 3s
8. Does Gomer work on carpet?
Gomer can work on carpet and hardwood floors. Gomer prefers smooth surfaces and may not perform well on some types of carpet. Gomer’s speed is calibrated on a very flat and smooth surface. Carpet creates a large friction which will slow down Gomer, and might result inaccurate distant traveled.
9. Why won’t my robot connect?
Make sure that your Gomer is on and the electronic device you are using is connected to the correct Wi-Fi, whose name and password are displayed on Gomer’s head screen. Short press the power button if the information is not displayed.
10. My robot is making strange sounds. What should I do?
If your gomer is making strange sounds: <br>Step 1: Restart the app. <br>Step 2: If the noises continue, restart the robot by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds then short tap to start
11. How do I control the volume on Gomer?
You can adjust the volume of Gomer in the settings of Gomer App, and there are three options available: high, medium and low.
12. My Gomer doesn’t move, (wheels are stuck) how can I troubleshoot?
Gomer is a kind of caterpillar track robot, so please make sure that the tracks are well installed and nothing gets stuck. If something gets stuck, please try to clear it in a gentle way.
13. How long will it take before the battery is fully charged? Does it have a charge protection?
When the battery is running out, it will take about 2 hours before it is fully charged, and the robot will automatically end the charging process to protect the circuit when the battery is full.
14. What would its battery life be when Gomer is fully charged?
Its battery life depends on the mode Gomer is working at, and it would be 2h without break under normal circumstances.
15. How to charge?
It can be charged through Gomer’s charger or docking station.
1. Can I connect multiple robots to one device?
No, one device can only connect to one robot.
2. How to change the connection mode?
Change the connection mode to the AP direct mode or the routing mode in the settings of Gomer App and restart the Gomer.
3. Does gomer require data or wifi for usage?
Gomer is compatible with both External Network and his own Wifi connection. You can share freely with the External Network connection.
4. My app keeps crashing, how can I fix it?
Make sure you are running the latest version of the App. Tablets have two type of memory, one is the flash memory and one RAM (random access memory). RAM memory is usually significantly smaller than flash. If you have so many applications open on your device it could run out of RAM and the device will try to shut off some of them, which could resolve in a crash. If turning on/off didn't work, please check the storage space on your device.
1. Are you COPPA compliant?
2. What usage and user information do you track and store?
3. Where are you storing photos or videos I record to the robots?
To protect your privacy, we do not save the photos or videos you record to our servers. Photos and videos are saved to your device temporarily until you delete them. Deleted photos and videos cannot be restored.
4. Where is the recorded face image data stored in Gomer?
To protect your privacy, we do not save your face image information on the server. All the face image information will be stored on the Gomer robot until you delete it.
Idle Mode Pattern List （2018-8-29） ---------------------------------download
User Manual of Gomer (Multi-language) （2018-8-29） ----------download
User Manual of Gomer （2018-8-29） --------------------------------download
“GLI” Pattern List （2018-8-29） ----------------------------------------download
Pattern List （2018-8-29） ------------------------------------------------download